The projects seeks to implement Smart Grid Applications into the already existing Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition/Energy Management System (SCADA/EMS).
The Smart Grid consists of the following concepts:
- Increased use of digital information and controls technology to improve reliability, security, and efficiency of the electric grid.
- Dynamic optimization of grid operations and resources, with full cyber-security.
- Deployment and integration of distributed resources and generation, including renewable
- Development and incorporation of demand response, demand-side resources, and energy-
- Deployment of ‘smart’ technologies (real-time, automated, adaptive, interactive technologies
that optimize the physical operation of appliances, consumer devices and industrial equipment and processes) for metering, protection, monitoring, control and communications concerning grid operations and distribution automation.
- Integration of ‘smart’ power system devices (transformers, breakers, etc.).
- Integration of ‘smart’ appliances and consumer devices.
- Deployment and integration of advanced electricity storage and peak-shaving technologies,
including plug-in electric and hybrid electric vehicles, and thermal-storage air conditioning.
- Provision to consumers of timely information and control options.
- Development of standards for communication and interoperability of appliances and equipment
connected to the electric grid, including the infrastructure serving the grid.
Registered users have full access to project executives' projects and credentials, and can contact them directly. Our powerful algorithms make it easier than ever before for you connect with peers across the infrastructure industry. The world's leading infrastructure project executives are waiting for you to reach out to them and establish effective partnerships. Get started with GViP today!
Sign up for a GViP account today and get access to a full list of current, detailed information on every project in our database. With easy access to both top-level and granular information, project overviews provide you with all the information you need to take your next step. From budget and location to stage and sector, we've got everything you need.
As a GViP member, you'll gain access to over 2000 project profiles worldwide, and become part of a worldwide community of project developers and infrastructure professionals focused on delivering projects.