June 2020 - Massport’s board voted to reduce its five-year, $3 billion construction plan by a third, shelving efforts to build a monorail-like people mover and two parking garages and trimming three of seven gates from the expansion of Terminal E.
We are modernizing the facilities at Boston Logan's international Terminal E to ensure the Massachusetts economy continues to be connected to the world. Four new gates will be added, including 3 gates originally approved in 1995 but never constructed.
Our mission is to create a sustainable, high-performance, resilient, and resource efficient building that is a comfortable and healthy environment for passengers and workers alike. Terminal E sustainability improvements will be designed to serve as a noise barrier to the nearby East Boston neighborhoods and will achieve energy efficiencies at a minimum 20 percent better than the MA Energy Code.
Customer benefits from Terminal E improvements include:
- Roughly 320,000-square-foot building addition and renovations to the existing building.
- 4 new aircraft gates.
- New 8-lane TSA security checkpoint featuring advanced technology, including Automated Screening Lanes.
- Improvements to and reconfiguration of the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Federal Inspection Services (FIS) facility.
- Reconfigured international baggage claim area with more high-capacity baggage carousels.
- Comfortable passenger waiting areas at the new gates.
- New local and internationally inspired food and retail options.
- Dynamic glass to provide shade from sun glares.
Registered users have full access to project executives' projects and credentials, and can contact them directly. Our powerful algorithms make it easier than ever before for you connect with peers across the infrastructure industry. The world's leading infrastructure project executives are waiting for you to reach out to them and establish effective partnerships. Get started with GViP today!
Sign up for a GViP account today and get access to a full list of current, detailed information on every project in our database. With easy access to both top-level and granular information, project overviews provide you with all the information you need to take your next step. From budget and location to stage and sector, we've got everything you need.
As a GViP member, you'll gain access to over 2000 project profiles worldwide, and become part of a worldwide community of project developers and infrastructure professionals focused on delivering projects.